Tuesday 11 October 2011

LUNGLESS FROG !!!

Lungless frog
 by John Roach
http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/kids/stories/animalsnature/lungless-frog/


Frogs, the little creatures that make your life easier by eating bees and other animals like that are animals that belong to the Amphibian kingdom. All of them have the characteristics that all living things have: breath, eat, move, grow etc. But all of them? A lungless frog was found in a cold water steam on the island Boreo in Indonesia. It breaths but not through the lungs, that he does not have, but through his skin. This amazing creature is called Barbourula Kalimantanesis. A fisherman found it accidently while he was fishing at the cold water. This kind of frog had been found once again before 15 years but none did something for this. Actually scientists and biologists do not want to sacrifice and dissection it because they believe it is precious. The reason that it can breath through his skin is because it has low metabolism.
I chose this article is because amphibians is an interesting section of biology and I though it is nice to learn new things that involves everything in this planet. The thing that grabbed my attention is the part that says that it was found also 15 years ago but they did not sacrifice it. It was one of the most interesting articles but I preferred this one because I like frogs and I also now it is valid because it would be weird to come up with something scientific that does not exist because they know that many people depend on this source. Now I know that it has a low metabolism and it does not need much oxygen. In my opinion they should dissect the frog because they might have learned a lot of things, for example what it is on its skin that it can breath through it. I have never thought or heard  that something like this could ever exist but now I believe on it and I think it is a really important information for scientists.











3 comments:

  1. Very good summary written in your own words and reflection. You included the main idea and details enough to describe the article. Aren't amphibians cool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool and descriptive!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete